SS12 is an innovation challenge organized to recognize the best social innovators in Asia Pacific.
The theme for this year is ‘EMPATHY TO ENGINEERING: SOLUTIONS FOR MACRO ISSUES’.The theme of the competition is ‘Empathy to Engineering: Solutions for Macro Issues’.
- Poverty & Famine
- Sustainable Clean Energy
- Woman Safety
- Special Needs
- Smart Cities
- Disaster Management and First Aid
- Deadline for abstract submission: 18th June 2018
- Date of preliminary competition : 1st August 2018
- International Competition: 8th & 9th September, 2018, at NSBM Green University, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Prizes and rewards:
3 main preliminary competition prizes will be granted for the top competing teams and certification of participation by IEEE for all registered participants.
- 1st Prize – 10,000 Baht plus an invitation to compete in the final event in Sri Lanka
- 2nd Prize – 5,000 Baht
- 3rd Prize – 3,000 Baht
1 Final International Competition Prize
- 1st Prize – 1000 USD
- Special WIE award for the best solution presented by a team consisting of more than 75% of female undergraduates
Rules for Participants
- Team size: Maximum of 4 members.
- Mentor names should also accompany the team registration.
- Teams are requested to register with the pilot for the first prelims. After the selection, the winners would be automatically registered for the finals.
- Teams are locked at the close of submissions 5 days before the first round contest, and no further changes to team members and mentors can be made after that date.
How do I register for an IEEE event?