The Event Management concentration is co-developed with Kendall College, based in Chicago, USA and the IMPACT Exhibition Management Company. These collaborations ensure that students maximize outcomes by learning what is current in the field of MICE (Meeting, Incentives, Conference, and Exhibitions).
- Kendall College is ranked the number one program in Chicago for preparing students for careers in culinary arts and hospitality management by Chicago Michelin Guide restaurants and Chicago’s leading hotels (KTNS Survey, 2017).
- IMPACT is the largest event venue in Southeast Asia and the top location for conferences, concerts and exhibitions in the region.
In addition to the in-depth theory and practical skills taught in the classroom, students have a guaranteed internship at IMPACT or the opportunity to intern elsewhere. By interacting in the classroom and in a professional environment, students will graduate with the knowledge, interpersonal skills and confidence needed to succeed in this exciting industry.
Dual Degree Option
• Bachelor of Business Administration
• BA Business – International Business
Students taking the international pathway option will begin their studies with 2.5 years at Stamford in Bangkok, and then spend an additional one year at Kendall College, Chicago. Students will receive two degrees on graduation.
You will learn and develop skills in:
- Venue Management
- Launching International Exhibitions
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
You will be able to:
- Organize Concerts
- Organize Large Events
- Plan a Wedding
- Cater a Large Function
- Negotiate with Sponsors
- Plan Multinational Incentive Trips and Conferences
- Organize International Exhibitions
- Plan and Launch Large-Scale Parties
- Arrange Major Sporting Events
- Event Consultant, Event Marketing
- Venue sourcing, Venue Management
- Convention / Exhibition Management
- Event / Exhibition Logistics Management
- Sport Event Management
- Wedding Planner
- Event / MICE Department of Hotels
- Catering Department, PR, Sales