Commencing international students of Stamford International University (“STIU”) arriving in Thailand for the first time, can opt for free transfers from the airport to their respective accommodations.
The pick-up service is available in at the following airports:
A University representative will meet you at the airport and take you directly to your accommodation. The port of arrival needs to be indicated in the booking form.
The service is available at 4 timeslots on specific days prior to commencement of a term:
Each STIU student must apply for their own airport pickup service.
To request your airport pickup service, you must:
- Have accepted your STIU offer, received your Letter of Acceptance, hold a valid visa, and booked your flight to Bangkok.
- Have not used the service previously.
- Submit this airport pickup request at least five business days prior to your arrival date. The pickup service operates in limited capacity prior to commencement of new terms and is subject to availability of vehicles and seats. Please keep the email confirmation handy on your mobile phone (or retain a printed copy) for quick reference.
If you did not receive the airport pickup confirmation email, check your spam/junk folder.
If you change your arrival itinerary or wish to cancel the service, you must inform us at least two business days prior to your arrival date via email at:
This is a free service for new / commencing international students from the airport to the pre-determined accommodations.
However, A ‘No Show’ fee THB 2,000 (approx. USD 66, dependent on current exchange rates) applies if you have requested for airport pickup but fail to arrive on the scheduled flight without proper notification at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled pickup. The no show fee will be levied along with the tuition fees for the first semester.
- The service is meant for STIU students only. The vehicle may accommodate accompanying parents / guardians (at the most two persons) subject to availability of seats.
- Additional passengers (other family members, friends or anyone who is not a STIU student) are required to arrange for their own means of transportation at their own cost.
- A maximum of 2 pieces of luggage are allowed per student. If your luggage does not fit in the standard vehicle’s boot, you will have to arrange for transportation at your own expense.
- You’ll need to carry your own luggage at the airport and when you arrive at your accommodation. The officers meeting you for pickup are employees of STIU and are not obliged to carry your luggage.
- The pick-up service plies between the designated airports and accommodation venues.
- Students / family members who wish to travel beyond the accommodation – downtown or to other parts of the city – are required to arrange for their own transportation.
Accommodation, Security Deposit etc.
- Ensure you are carrying enough Thai Baht for deposit and first month’s rent for your accommodation (typically 15,000 – 20,000 THB). All student accommodations require a security deposit and the first month’s rent, in cash, at the time of check-in and they usually do not accept foreign currency. Thus, it is advisable that you exchange sufficient reserves of Thai Baht at the airport.
- Under no circumstances, STIU officials are obliged to loan you money to cover for your expenses.