Programming Lecturer, Information Technology Program
Position: Programming Lecturer
Position Summary: STIU – Bachelor’s of Science- Information Technology program is looking for qualified candidates in the following courses/fields.
- Virtual Reality/ Multi Media
- Discrete Mathematics Structures
- Java Programming
- Internet of Things /Embedded Systems
Campus: Rama 9
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses, mentor students and engage in university level activities.
We are especially interested in candidates who have demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
Knowledge & Abilities:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Master’s degree or higher in the computer science or Information Technology discipline
- Bachelor’s degree needs to be in computer science or Information Technology discipline
- University/College-level teaching experience in areas related to the focus of the position
- Prior teaching / industry experience strongly preferred
- Must have 1 research publication in the most recent 3 years
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Ability and experience in collaborating with faculty.
- Overseas Qualification and International experience.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest (teaching & research)
- Minimum 1 publication
- At least two references with full contact and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant’s consent)
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org