STIU Announcement 015/2020 regarding precautionary measures for university operations
Precautionary Measures for University Operations during the Outbreak of Covid-19
Due to the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19, Stamford International University remains committed to the health and well-being of our community. Following the announcements of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) dated March 21, 2020, the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation (MHESI) dated March 17, 2020 and the University dated March 16, 2020, the University additionally announced the measures as follows:
- All classes will continue through online instruction.
- During March 23 – April 12, 2020 OR until further notice, faculty members and staff shall be permitted to work from home/remotely to continue the University operations following Stamford Working from Home/Remotely Guidelines and the Working Plan approved by Office of the University Administration (OUA). There will be limited circumstance in which some employees may need to work on Campuses as assigned by Supervisors. While on duty, faculty members and staff who work for Rama 9 and/or Asoke campus must stay at the places located in Bangkok Metropolitan in which they can return to the campuses within a certain time for any matters. Please be noted that the Guidelines and/or the Working Plan shall be subject to change in light of the situation.
- Those working from home/remotely shall perform their availability at all time during a working time. Supervisors are able to contact, call for a meeting, submit any tasks/report and they are able to response immediately. This is included if they need to perform on campus for an urgent matters.
- All activities/events on grounds will be cancelled from March 23, 2020 to April 12, 2020.
- The Office of the University Administration (OUA) shall take a responsibility as a Co-ordinating Center to be the point of contact/information and to coordinate with both internal and external departments/organizations.
During these extraordinary times, the University will continue to keep our students and community safe while continuing to support students for their academic progress and will closely monitor the COVID-19 status following the requirements of relevant public/private sectors to adjust and implement the measures.
Announced on March 22, 2020
With all the best wishes,
The Office of University Administration
Stamford International University