English is the global language of business. Strong English skills will open doors to unlimited opportunities and unlock wide-ranging career possibilities in domestic and international environments.
A Modern and Practical Arts Program
Get to experience the different applications of English in today’s changing world by studying Applied Global Communication. Touch upon the traditional aspects of a BA in English – such as literature, poetry and drama – and also see modern applications of the English language in disciplines that have a global perspective.
21st Century Skills
Study in a program that explicitly focuses on developing skills for success in the 21st Century. Learn to critically analyze and evaluate information, express yourself creatively, collaborate with others, and communicate effectively and with confidence.
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
Learn subject matter while perfecting your language skills. The CLIL methodology helps students continuously improve their English through the study of content and benefit from a highly-sophisticated level of language proficiency upon graduation.
BA in English graduates will have superior English communication skills preparing them for a variety of careers with high demands for writing, reading and public speaking. Skills include:
- Effectively conveying arguments and opinions
- Leading productive discussions
- Critical reasoning and analysis
- Interpreting different types of texts
- Applying sound judgement to evaluate alternative perspectives
- Undertaking structured research and writing projects
- Presenting information creatively and persuasively
- Working with the latest information and communication technologies
- Working independently and in teams
- Appreciating diversity and applying sensitivity in multicultural environments
Wide-ranging work options in international environments that require strong English language skills, critical thinking, information literacy, communication skills, and collaboration skills.
- Translator, Interpreter
- Writer, Copywriter, Journalist
- Editor, Editorial Assistance
- Publishing Copy-Editor, Proofreader
- Communication Manager, Content Manager
- English Language Specialist, English Language Teacher
- Academic Librarian
- Foreign Affairs Officer, International Cooperation Officer
- Diplomatic Worker
- Personal Assistant for Upper Management
- International Project Manager