Stamford’s International Hotel Management program combines academic theory with hands-on learning, modern facilities and on the job training to fully prepare students for a career in the hospitality industry. The experienced and international faculty will guide students as they study a variety of essential skills before internships at well-known international hotels.
Dual Degree Options
• BBA in International Hotel Management
• BB – International Hotel & Resort Management/ BA (Hons) – International Hospitality and Tourism Management
While students can get a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Hotel Management at Stamford, students can have the option to study a dual degree either at Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMIHMS) at Torrens University, Australia or at Middlesex University (MDXU) London, UK.
Students who meet the requirements and opt for the International Pathway option can complete the program at either BMIHMS or MDXU. The students will have a good opportunity to study in two different countries and receive two degrees on graduation.
We strongly believe that “Experience is the foundation of success”; IHM students at STIU
have the opportunity to complete two (2) internships during the course of their curriculum.
Totaling a combined 1,000+ hours of practical work experience, students can select the
hotel property of their choice (depending on availability) from our portfolio of 100+
trusted international hotel brand partners. Both remunerated and non-remunerated
internships are available depending on the students’ country of origin, as well as on local
labor laws and regulations.
State of the Art Facilities
Stamford offers state of the art facilities in teaching kitchen and restaurant operations. A mock hotel front desk and mock hotel room are also offered in the Rooms Division component of the program.
You will learn and develop skills in:
- Leadership and team building
- Decision making and problem solving
- Good time management
- Personality development for hospitality professionals
- Cross-cultural relations
- Culinary operation & management
- Front office operation
- Housekeeping operations
- Restaurant operations & management
- Wine and beverage knowledge
- Basic food nutrition for dietary requests
You will be able to:
- Understand the importance of guest satisfaction
- Communicate effectively
- Multitask effectively
- Take initiative
- Work effectively under pressure
- Manage diverse situations
- Understand the expectations of hotel industry
- Understand the millennial guests
- Familiarize yourself with on-the-job requirements
- Understand the synchronization of hotel operations
Graduates can find work in fields such as:
Hotel and Food Services
- Hotels, Resorts, Clubs, Catering, Tourism
- Cruise lines, Airlines, Travel agencies
Entertainment and Leisure
- Entertainment and Amusement Parks, Casinos, Theme Parks
Technology and Logistics
- Real Estate Development, Logistics Management
- Event and Venue Management, Promotion and Sport Management